Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > ATTENTION: Where do we go for Support wh...
ATTENTION: Where do we go for Support when the MFG won't help?

2272 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2017-07-14 09:12:29

•   Level 2   
    (16) points
    RachetWench
    2017-07-13 23:50:20
     As it stands, I can get no support from the US Autel office, nor is China responding.  It seems that those of us who spent a LOT of money to buy/update an Autel Maxidas DS708 wasted our money and time, only to find that we were scheduled for termination, anyway. 

I knew better, but I followed their instructions anyway, and discovered that what I was afraid of had actually happened:  The "Stream" does NOT copy your vehicle MAKE files to the scanner during use NOR to the new card  once the new base file is in place - if you didn't start with a new chip, you have overwritten your files and possibly damaged them trying to upgrade them as instructed.

Also, if you didn't upgrade your chip (SD card) rather soon after you got it, the program is coded to start deleting material from the card to make room for the only thing that gets bigger on this device, the log files.  Once the card gets full, then you're really in trouble.   There's more, but this is not the time or place for that chat.

I really feel bad for folks with less technical computer skill than I have too - the margin for error is almost insurmountable, and I have a sneaking suspicion (ok, MORE than just a suspicion) that it was made to be difficult (and worse) on purpose. :(

Anyway, I am missing several of the vehicle file folders that were irreparably damaged when I attempted to follow their explicit instructions.  They are critical for my husbands job and I need to replace them ASAP.  Would anyone like to work out a file or folder trade via BOX or MEGA?

These are the files I need:
      From the \MAKE\ folder:
    Asian: Toyota, Daewoo
    Europe: Fiat, Peugeot, Benz, Citroen, Smart
    USA: Ford, Chrysler

To be clear, initially I only asked Support for a single file that I believed was damaged, the main "Autorun.exe" file.  As you can see, this has crippled the scanner, and there have been no efforts on their part to mitigate the damages they've caused MANY of us who followed their instructions. And after checking the coding myself, and having a second opinion offered by a very educated friend, it seems much more feasible to set up connections with other folks - peers - who are in the same position, since Autel is unlikely to respond or offer anything but what they've already told me.

So, I will offer my email again and I think I will set up the files I have that are damaged in case anyone has an undamaged copy they don't mind sharing.  In addition, I suggest we take this discussion to somewhere other than here, so are there any suggestions for a good place to set up a chat/trade/BBS?  

Email me: Rachetwench@yahoo.com  and make sure you do NOT SEND ANYTHING VIA EMAIL!  Emails with attachments or from random sites will be deleted by the mail server and will not be seen.  If you wish to email me, please place the discussion post title in the Subject line, or the email will be deleted unread.

Thanks y'all.  I surely wish I had just kept my hands off this scanner, but I can't unring the bell.  Looking forward to having a forum where we can discuss our issues openly, though!!

~Rachet

•   Level 7   
    (885) points
    fware

2017-07-14 09:12:29 (Reply to:RachetWench)

Hi Rachet,

a copy of car diagnostic files from an other device will NOT work on your tool !
    The "authorization" files block that. Its a kind of encryption to block copies from one device to the other and is bound to the serial number for your device.

If your data is bad/damaged and you do not have a (ZIP) backup or payed updates the software is gone forever :-(

Total1 Pages